One mark of a successful data scientist is the desire to continue to learn and grow as new innovations, applications, and technologies are developed. At ODSC West 2021 this November 16th-18th, we’ll have 80+ training sessions and workshops on essential tools and languages led by some of the best and brightest minds in data science and AI. With options for both in-person and virtual tickets, there’s a way for anyone to get the training they need.
Here’s a sneak peek at top ODSC West training sessions and workshops that cover our key focus areas like MLOps, NLP, and machine and deep learning.
MLOps & Data Engineering are trending in 2021 as more companies move to operationalize machine learning and integrate with data engineering. Confirmed topics include:
- MLOps from Model to Production – Filipa Peleja, PhD | Lead Data Scientist | Levi Strauss & Co
- Operationalization of Models Developed and Deployed in Heterogeneous Platforms – Sourav Mazumder | Data Scientist, AI & ML Operationalization Leader | IBM
- A Complete Real-Time Data Application in 90 Minutes: From Kafka to Streamlit – Rongpeng Li | Senior Data Scientist | Galvanize
- Data, I/O, and TensorFlow: Building a Reliable Machine Learning Data Pipeline – Yong Tang, PhD, Director of Engineering
NLP research breakthroughs accelerated in 2019 and 2020 and we expect to host many sessions on topics such as pre-trained NLP models, transfer learning, and transformers. Here are some of our confirmed topics.
- Transferable Representation Learning in NLP – Kai-Wei Chang | Director, Assistant Professor | UCLA NLP, UCLA CS
- Unstructured Text with Transformers – Hannes Hapke | Machine Learning | Digits
- Build a Question Answering System using DistiBERT in Python – Jayeeta Putatunda Data Scientist | MediaMath
- Building a ML Serving Platform at Scale for Natural Language Processing – Kumaran Ponnambalam | Big Data, Data Science & Analytics Leader | Cisco
Machine Learning and Deep Learning topics are at the core of any ODSC event and West 2021 will be no exception. Expect this to be one of the most extensive programs of virtual and in-person ML/DL sessions of any event we’ve hosted. We’ve many more sessions to announce by here are a few confirmed ML and DL sessions including
- Deep Dive into Reinforcement Learning with PPO using TF-Agents and TensorFlow 2.0 – Oliver Zeigermann | Software Developer | Embarc Software Consulting GmbH
- Tuning Hyperparameters with Reproducible Experiments – Milecia McGregor | Senior Software Engineer | Iterative
- GANs: Theory and Practice, Image Synthesis, with GANs Using TensorFlow – Ajay Baranwal | Center Director | Center for Deep Learning in Manufacturing
- Sound Classification and Detection with STFT and CNNs – Ryan Kasichainula | Sr. Data Science | Galvanize
- Practical Reinforcement Learning for Data Scientists – Jennifer Dawn Davis, PhD and Andrea Lowe, PhD | Staff Field Data Scientist and Training & Enablement Engineer | Domino Data Labs
- Get Started with Time Series Forecasting Using the Google Cloud AI Platform – Karl Weinmeister | Developer Relations Engineering Manager | Google
- How to Optimize Using Uplift Predictive Models and Uplift Prescriptive Analytics – Victor Lo, PhD | Head of Data Science & Artificial Intelligence | Fidelity Investments
You can find the complete list of ODSC West workshops and training sessions on our Full Schedule here.
In addition to the above focus areas, ODSC will feature an incredible lineup of Keynote and Featured speakers. Collectively these speakers have founded companies, won numerous awards, and published hundreds of articles:
- Carlos Guestrin, PhD | Senior Director of AI and Machine Learning, Professor, Computer Science | Apple, Stanford University | Recipient of Numerous Awards and One of Popular Science Magazine’s 2008 ‘Brilliant 10’
- Lama Nachman | Intel Fellow, Director of Human & AI Systems Research Lab | Intel | Research interests include creating contextually aware experiences that understand users through sensing and sense making, anticipate their needs and act on their behalf
- Padhraic Smyth, PhD | Director, Data Science Initiative, Chancellor’s Professor | UC Irvine | Author of 200+ research papers on machine learning, pattern recognition, and applied statistics
- Bruce Blaho | HP Fellow & VP Chief Technologist, Advanced Compute & Solutions | HP Personal Systems | Areas of focus include Hybrid Edge Computing, Blockchain-based Security, Data Science, and AI
- Andrew Kemp | Data Science Segment Lead | Z by HP | Currently working to establish partnerships in the AI, machine learning, and data science space
- Dom Divakaruni | Group Product Manager, Microsoft Azure | Microsoft | currently focused on helping build the next generation of apps, such as GitHub Copilot
- Peter Welinder, PhD | VP, Product and Partnerships | OpenAI | Co-founder of Anchovi Labs
- Mona Diab, PhD | Research Scientist, Founder and Director | Facebook AI, GW NLP lab CARE4Lang | Co-founder of Consortium on Arabic Dialect Modeling and author of 250+ peer-reviewed articles
- Yaron Haviv | Co-Founder and CTO | Iguazio | Initiated and built Nuclio, a leading open source serverless platform
- Nick Brown | Senior Data Scientist | IHS Markit | dedicated to educating people unfamiliar with data science to facilitate long-term success both within his organization and in the greater business community.
- Animesh Singh | IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO, Watson Data and AI OSS Platform | IBM | Internationally Recognized Speaker
For access to all of these training sessions and workshops, our Keynote and Featured speakers, networking opportunities, and much more, check out our ODSC West passes. But you’d better act fast, our limited-time offer of 30% of ODSC West in-person and virtual passes ends soon. And be sure to check out our group passes for even more savings when you bring your friends or colleagues. There are also free ticket options for anyone looking to just check out the AI Expo Hall to learn more about data science products and services out there.